In this post, you will get complete information about About blank blocked. Read the below article completely to know all the details about About: blank blocked.
WHAT IS ABOUT BLANK? SHOULD YOU DELETE IT?
About Blank blocked: Internet users use web browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Edge, and others to get the information they need. You are also one of the people who use any of these web browsers for your information gathering and other needs.
Blank is simply said to be a blank page that appears in your browser tab. A page that appears with the text “About: empty” appears both in the title and the address bar of the tab page. You might often see this blank page in your web browser when you open a new window or tab or click on a link.
What do we normally mean by About: blank? Is it caused due to malware, a bad link, or a bad internet connection? How can I stop it?
There are so many reasons why a Blank page appears on your web browser’s screen. In a normal scenario, blank pages are not at all a problem.
You may also like:
- Windows 11 ISO download
- Download & install Roblox on MacBook Air
- Type Shrug emoji on Windows, MacOS, Android, & iOS
- How to access Google Drive files offline on Windows, MacOS, Android, & iOS using Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari web browsers & Google Drive offline Chrome Extension
IS ABOUT BLANK VIRUS OR MALWARE?
Mostly, people assume that “About Blank Blocked” is malicious malware that infiltrates their PCs through the Internet.
But, you have to know that “About: blank” is a blank web page that the web browser displays when it is dealing with a situation where it needs to show you a blank page.
As we mentioned earlier in this post, “about_blank,” “about blank,” or “About: blank #blocked” is one of the [[command] options that are available in the web browser to perform a specific function or task by the browser.
By predicting the actual task done by the about command as it prompts the web browsers to do social & internal work, and doesn’t display the requested original web page.
WHY USE ABOUT BLANK?
“About Blank” is a blank web page that displays any content, code, or script. So, why use “About Blank”? There are different contexts in which “About Blank” is useful and has some advantages of using it.
- Open a new tab too quickly before loading the webpage; it may take some time.
- Open a new, clean tab to start browsing.
- Prevents showing or hiding regularly visited web pages.
- Prevents the usage of your internet bandwidth with an initially blank web page.
- Prevents Google from searching as a browser start page.
- Turn your home page into a blank screen.
HOW TO STOP EMPTY POPUPS IN YOUR BROWSER?
Suppose, when you see the odd_blank or “about blank” page when you open a web browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, there is no need to worry.
However, if the “About Blank” page appears in your web browser without changing your browsing behavior, there may be an attempt to hack your computer or the hacker may take control of your computer.
If you see such unwanted popup windows on your PC/Laptop screen, it is better to do a full system scan using the antivirus software or anti-malware program.
The antivirus software or anti-malware program quickly removes hidden viruses or malicious programs/codes on your computer.
Now. you have to reset the default home page URL of your web browser, like Google Search, and Yahoo Search.
ABOUT BLANK CHROME
- In the “Google Chrome address bar” or the “Settings” menu, type “chrome://settings/” and hit Enter.
- In the “On startup” section, select “Open a specific page or set of pages” below.
- Set “Site URL” below to “About: Blank,” then click the “Add” button.
- The new “About: Blank” is listed as the start page.
ABOUT BLANK MOZILLA FIREFOX
- Open “Mozilla Firefox settings” which can be seen on the menu.
- Type and enter the command “About: Preferences” in the address bar to go to the “Preferences settings page”.
- Then click on “Home” in the left sidebar, there you will see the following screen.
- In the “Home page and new window” configuration, select the “blank page” equivalent to “About: Configure.”
- Add “custom URLs” and type “about config.”
ABOUT BLANK SAFARI
- Open Apple “Safari Web Brower” on your computer/laptop.
- Click “Preferences”.
- Now, click on “General”, which opens the following setup screen. Set the value of “Home Page” to “About: Empty”.
- “About Blank Blocked” appears on your Safari web browser.
ABOUT BLANK MICROSOFT EDGE / INTERNET EXPLORER
First of all, you shouldn’t be using the old Internet Explorer web browser. Instead, open the Microsoft Edge browser, then in the Edge menu, click on “Show advanced settings” as below.
In the page configuration, select “A specific page,” which will open a text where we will put “about blank”—In the last step, click on the floppy disk icon to save it.
In the latest version of Microsoft Edge, click on the ellipsis icon, you can find it on the top right of the menu bar, then go to the Settings option.
Edge menu, highlighting the Settings option
On the resulting page:
- Click on the “Startup” option, which can be found in the left menu to access the startup options.
- Click “Open” one or more specific pages.
- Click “Add New Page”.
- Enter “about: empty” as a new page to add.
- Click “Add”.
ABOUT BLANK BLOCKED MICROSOFT EDGE
When you open the Microsoft Edge browser, the result will show “about blank” as the page loads.
To set and activate the Home button to approximately: empty:
- Click on “Appearance” in the left menu.
- Click the “Show Home Button” to activate it.
- Enter “about blank” as the page to go to when you click Home.