Have you ever heard the terms YouTube dark mode, Pinterest dark mode, Instagram dark mode? Do you want to know how to enable dark mode on your favorite social media websites? In my recent post, I explained the process of how to enable dark mode on Instagram, Pinterest, & YouTube.
Also, our upcoming post will be on how to enable dark mode on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Facebook Messenger. We suggest you bookmark the homepage URL of this blog/website, so that if you visit our blog frequently you will never miss an update.
Instagram and Pinterest have become the most popular social media websites to share photos and images. YouTube is our favorite platform to watch videos and movies. Here in the post, we shared the details about how to enable dark theme on your favorite social media websites Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
You may also like:
- How to change language on Facebook?
- How to enable dark mode on Google Chrome, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Facebook Messenger?
- How to create an Instagram Account?
- Location sharing apps for Android
- How to deactivate Telegram account?
Instagram Dark Mode
By default, Instagram doesn’t have a dark mode option like Facebook and Twitter. To enable Instagram dark mode feature, you should have a smartphone running Android 10 or iOS 13 or higher.
Instagram Dark Mode on Android Smartphone/Tablet PC
1. Tap Settings from the App menu and scroll down, and select ‘Accessibility’ settings.
2. Now, select the Dark theme from the Display section. It applies to the entire Android operating system, including apps and others, except for videos.
Similarly, Color inversion is another option to exchange colors from black to white and vice versa. Android 9 or earlier versions will have just a color inversion option but not the dark theme feature.
Instagram Dark Mode on iOS
1. Open Settings on your Apple Device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch). Select Display & Brightness.
2. It will display two themes – light and dark.
3. Now, choose the dark theme. When you choose the dark theme, it will instantly apply to your device.
4. If you want to enable dark mode on your device at a particular time or sunrise & sunset, drag the ‘Automatic’ toggle button to the right. Click on the Options to set a schedule.
The latest changes will affect all apps that support the iOS dark theme feature. Now, you can open the Instagram app and experience the beauty of darkness.
Pinterest Dark Mode
Here’s the way how to enable dark mode on Pinterest on your Laptop/Desktop, iOS, and Android devices.
Pinterest Dark Mode on PC (Desktop/Laptop)
Google Chrome web browser has a built-in option to enable dark mode on all the pages you visit on the web. The feature is available in the experimental mode. To get the feature, you have to enable it manually.
1. Open Google Chrome web browser. Now, search chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark from the address bar.
2. At first, you will see the ‘Force Dark Mode for Web Contents’ option. To change its status, click on Default and choose Enabled to activate Google Chrome dark mode.
3. Restart the web browser to apply the new settings.
From now, all the websites you open, you will see a dark background on Chrome.
Pinterest Dark Mode on Android and iOS
1. Open the Pinterest app on your Android or iOS phone.
2. Tap your profile picture on the bottom.
3. Click your picture on the top again to visit the profile.
4. Now, click on the Settings icon, which you can see on the top, followed by Edit settings.
5. Scroll down, and you will find the App theme option.
6. Click on ‘Set by battery saver’ to get other additional options.
7. Choose ‘dark’ from the bottom panel.
Now, you will see your Pinterest home page and profile feeds having a dark background. Go to the previous settings screen to revert the applied changes and go back to the normal mode.
YouTube Dark Mode
Do you want to watch YouTube videos and movies with a dark background, just like cinema theatres? Know how you can do this.
1. Open the YouTube app on your Device (Mobile or Tablet having an Android/iOS operating system).
2. Tap your Profile Picture on the top and choose Settings on the bottom.
3. Choose General.
4. Now, turn on the Dark theme option.
Finally, you will see YouTube dark mode is successfully activated, which will bring your movie-watching experience to the next level.
I hope you like this informative, and useful article. If you feel this article is helpful, please share it with your friends on social media.
If you have any queries related to this topic, feel free to ask through the comment section that we have provided below the article. We will answer your questions as soon as possible when we come across your comment.